Today is Tu b’Shevat (15 Shevat). It is the day to give thanks to God for both the “beauty and bounty of trees.” While I was out walking today around 3:33 PM, I suddenly heard the beautiful song of a single bird in a tree nearby. As I looked around, I saw the majestic sun shining on another nearby tree. Gradually, numerous kinds of birds (sparrows, robins, woodpeckers) began the gather in lofty trees nearby. Soon it was like a majestic chorus of sounds. A few of the birds approached me on trees nearby and were not startled at my presence. I sang and prayed along with them and watched as they moved, danced, and darted from tree to tree. It was a remarkable experience. I was not the only one rejoicing in God's presence, but all creation seemed alive.
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
A Journey of Hope marks the sixtieth anniversary of Nostra Aetate by tracing the development of Catholic interreligious dialogue from it...
-
On this day in the Gospel of Mark, Jesus is handed over by Jewish priests and Pilate to be crucified. He is mocked by soldiers and those ...
-
Israeli-Arab members of the Knesset arrived at the Lions Gate in order to join the Palestinians for evening prayer outside the Temple Moun...
-
Last Friday, a group of three Arab-Israelis from Umm al-Fahm entered the city of Old Jerusalem through the Lion’s Gate. They had made the...
No comments:
Post a Comment